The SISSEL Kinesiology Tape is a 5 m x 5 cm cotton tape that stretches along its length, but not width ways. This direction of stretch gives the tape it's properties, and lends itself to the four application techniques:
- Muscle Technique: Used to increase or decrease muscle tension, leading to improved performance, pain reduction, and reduces recovery times.
- Ligament Technique: Used to support injured ligaments and tendons, reducing pressure and pain.
- Mechanical Techniques:
- Functional: Correcting abnormal bony positions.
- Fascia: Correcting adhesions within muscle fascia.
- Lymphatic Technique: To increase the space between the skin and subcutaneous tissue making it easier for the lymph fluid to flow out of the interstitial space, resulting in better mobility of filaments between the initial lymph vessel endothelium cells and the elastic fibers within the connective tissue.
The SISSEL Kinesiology Tape comes in four different colors, and these colors are identical in strength, length, and manufacture. The different colors are used as "aide memoirs":
- Blue to reduce tension, cool.
- Pink to enhance.
- Black for sport.
- Natural-Colored for facial applications.
The SISSEL Kinesiology Tape is waterproof, breathable, and hypoallergenic. The medical grade acrylic glue used makes the tape stable enough to be worn for up to 7 days.